[phenixbb] Partial occupancy refinement of overlapping inhibitor+water sites

Eckhard Hofmann eckhard.hofmann at rub.de
Sun Mar 17 15:41:44 PDT 2024

Hi Matt,
you will have to define the appropriate occupancy groups.
I usually put that into a separate file (e.g. occ.params) which you then
include as input.
In your case this should do the job (I think  ;-)):

refinement {
   refine {
     occupancies {
       constrained_group {
         selection = (chain A and resseq 802)
         selection = (chain W and resseq 1:6)
       }
     }
   }
}

This should refine both selections to a sum of 1.
More examples are at
https://phenix-online.org/documentation/reference/refinement.html#occupancy-refinement

Cheers,
Eckhard