[cctbxbb] compiling problem with latest cctbx on OS X

William Scott wgscott at chemistry.ucsc.edu
Tue Aug 29 14:52:52 PDT 2006

On Aug 29, 2006, at 2:30 PM, Ralf W. Grosse-Kunstleve wrote:

> This error doesn't make sense. The particular source file
> (complex_to_complex.h) was last modified in Sep 2002.
>
> Could you please look at the output of "limit"? The default
> stacksize used to
> be too small under 10.2 for sure, and 10.3 maybe. I don't know
> about 10.4. Here
> is what I use to correct the problem:
>
>   limit datasize unlimited
>   limit stacksize 8192k
>
> If that doesn't help, what exactly is your environment? 10.4? G5 or
> Intel? How
> did you install the developer tools?
>
> Thanks!
>
> Cheers,
>         Ralf

Hi Ralf:

That might be part of the problem.  Last time I built it under (ba)
sh, which doesn't appear to have a limit command, unlike tcsh and
zsh.  So I am rebuilding under tcsh now (I had encountered a problem
with zsh previously but I can't recall what it was).

For the record, this is the latest Developer Tools, version 2.4,
standard default install.  Same error appears on both platforms (ppc
and intel, both are G5's).

gcc --version
powerpc-apple-darwin8-gcc-4.0.1 (GCC) 4.0.1 (Apple Computer, Inc.
build 5363)

  g++ --version
powerpc-apple-darwin8-g++-4.0.1 (GCC) 4.0.1 (Apple Computer, Inc.
build 5363)

% sw_vers
ProductName:    Mac OS X
ProductVersion: 10.4.7
BuildVersion:   8J135

Right now I am redoing this with tcsh and the limit command you
suggested.  Hopefully that will cure the problem (which didn't appear
for any previous version, btw).

Bill