[cctbxbb] Obtaining symmetry information

Peter Zwart PHZwart at lbl.gov
Fri Dec 1 11:27:00 PST 2006

If you just want to obtain the xray.structure object in P1, you can use
the command .expand_to_p1():

from cctbx.development import random_structure
from cctbx import sgtbx
from libtbx import easy_pickle
import sys

def tst(space_group_info, n_elements=10, d_min=1.5):
   # make a random structure
   structure = random_structure.xray_structure(
     space_group_info,
     elements=["Si"]*n_elements,
     volume_per_atom=1000,
     min_distance=3.,
     general_positions_only=False)
   # show me!
   structure.show_summary().show_scatterers()
   # fill the whol unit cell and throw away the symmetry info
   new_structure = structure.expand_to_p1()
   # show me again!
   new_structure.show_summary().show_scatterers()

def run():
   tst(sgtbx.space_group_info(sys.argv[1]))

if (__name__ == "__main__"):
   run()

HTH

Peter