[cctbxbb] Bundled boost and scons

Ralf W. Grosse-Kunstleve rwgk at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 4 11:28:26 PST 2009

Hi Justin,

> Is there a possibility to suppress the usage of bundled scons and boost

> and use the ones installed on the system?

scons yes (but you'd have to be careful; see libtbx/command_line/scons.py),
boot no, because it would be too much work.

> Second,and that is more important in the moment. The bundled boost which
> I think is 1.39 has problems with >=python-2.6.3 [1]. So I'd like to use
> the installed boost-1.40 where the problem is already fixed by boost
> upstreams.

I think boost-1.40 still doesn't work. You'd need the 1.41 release (not yet released).
But the problem is fixed in the latest cctbx bundle (2009_11_01_0123).

BTW: The cctbx bundles are (almost) always built against the current boost svn trunk.
I've never used releases. This has been working well for almost nine years now.

Ralf