[cctbxbb] State of python3 support?

Jan Marten Simons marten at xtal.rwth-aachen.de
Mon Dec 13 05:40:54 PST 2010

Hi,

as I've noticed from the changelogs cctbx is closely following python 2.x
releases. Now I wonder if there are plans to move over to python3 soon?
If I got it right, python 2.6 and 2.7 already offer most of python3 features
and syntax as optional modules, so that the code can be prepared in advance
(like converting print into print()-functions etc.
[1] has some ideas on why and how to do a port.

So I'm interested in your thoughts about python3 and cctbx.

[1] http://peadrop.com/blog/2009/04/05/porting-your-code-to-python-3/

With regards,

  Jan M. Simons

Institute of Crystallography