[cctbxbb] How to load a structure from a .cif file?

Ralf W. Grosse-Kunstleve rwgk at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 13 09:21:47 PST 2010

Hi Jan,

Did you try installing from sources? E.g.

  wget
http://cci.lbl.gov/cctbx_build/results/2010_12_13_0000/cctbx_python_271_bundle.selfx

  perl cctbx_python_271_bundle.selfx

Just wait a few minutes... done. You'll have the latest of everything.
We don't have the resources to support specific platforms, but it
shouldn't be a limitation since the source installations are extremely
simple.

If you need additional Python packages (e.g. numpy) simply unpack
them and run "cctbx.python setup.py" to install them into the Python
you got with the cctbx bundle.

You can also easily use an existing Python installation to build cctbx;
see the docs.

Ralf