[cctbxbb] State of python3 support?

Ralf W. Grosse-Kunstleve rwgk at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 13 09:30:19 PST 2010

Hi Jan,
I've been looking at Python 3 quite a bit. Currently it doesn't
offer any advantages that would justify the fairly large investment
in time needed for the conversion.
IIUC not even numpy supports Python 3 yet.
For Phenix we rely on a large number of additional packages,
most importantly wxpython.
I figure it will be several years still before it is realistic
for us to switch over.
Ralf