[cctbxbb] Help: cctbx installation and working

Ralf W. Grosse-Kunstleve rwgk at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 17 22:50:46 PST 2010

Hi Swapnil,

> print "*** Executing  cctbx"

>         p2 = Popen(cmmd2, shell=True,  bufsize=bufsize, stdin=PIPE,
>stdout=PIPE, stderr=PIPE)
>          output2 = p2.communicate(input = allout)
>
> Here input (allout) is  not empty but still output2 is coming empty which
> causes problems in next  processing.

Could you show the cmnd2 command?
Note that you need to use "cctbx.python". This is a thin launcher that updates
PYTHONPATH and PATH before starting python. If you use just "python" the cctbx
imports will not work.

BTW: three days ago I checked in support for efficiently copying cctbx
arrays to Numpy arrays, in case you want to go back and forth between
cctbx modules and other modules based on Numpy. You need cctbx bundles
2010_11_14_2256 or later for this.

Ralf