[cctbxbb] Best way to compare incomplete f_hkl to calculated f_hkl

Ralf W. Grosse-Kunstleve rwgk at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 11 06:50:42 PDT 2011

Hi Jan,

There are two steps to think about: .map_to_asu() and .common_set()
or .common_sets(). Look for these methods in
cctbx/regression/tst_miller.py, then add print statements to see
how they work (run the command with e.g. "P31" so that it only
exercisesone space group).

However, the best way to compute f_calc given an array of f_obs
is via

  f_calc = f_obs.structure_factors_from_scatterers(
    xray_structure).f_calc()

This way the f_calc are directly compatible with the f_obs array.

Ralf