[cctbxbb] Using iotbx.pdb as C++ only dynamic (shared) library

vanv0059 at umn.edu vanv0059 at umn.edu
Mon Dec 12 08:39:39 PST 2011

On Dec 10 2011, Ralf Grosse-Kunstleve wrote:

>Hi Jeff,
>Is your goal to have a uniform setup under Mac OS and Linux? Under Linux
>you can use libtbx/configure.py --static-libraries.
>Ralf

My goal is to have a robust Linux application that I can develop (at least
for the present) on Mac OS.

Actually it is a long story that I've somewhat forgotten. I had used static
libraries in the past. When trying to use the boost.build v2 (bjam or b2)
to compile my python extensions I found it easier to use shared libraries
rather than static as a number of libraries don't like to be statically
linked twice (I didn't take the time to figure out why a particular library
was getting linked twice).

Anyhow, I will find a work around, I was only asking if there was a
relatively easy solution (other than not using Mac OS) that was already
known.

--Jeff