[cctbxbb] iotbx::pdb and boost::unit_test::framework

vanv0059 at umn.edu vanv0059 at umn.edu
Tue Dec 13 10:31:34 PST 2011

On Dec 13 2011, Ralf Grosse-Kunstleve wrote:

>Hi Jeff,
>I'm not familiar with the boost unit test framework.
>If you are still stuck, if you describe exactly step-by-step how to
>reproduce your problem, maybe I can help.
>Problems I can imagine are somehow mixing two different boost versions, or
>incompatible compilation options.
>Ralf

I will try to reproduce the issue with as few changes to cctbx as possible.
At the present, it appears to be a heisenbug (more likely it is pebkac) --
if I compile the Boost Test module (not my test program, but the actual
Boost Test library) with -g, the memory error disappears (i.e. valgrind
does not report an invalid read/write).

I will write down the explicit steps I took when I get a bit more time.