[cctbxbb] Introducing arbitrary translations in symmetry operations

Ralf W. Grosse-Kunstleve rwgk at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 3 10:57:44 PDT 2011

Hi Emre,

This turns out to be a very long-standing oversight.
Could you try again with the next cctbx build?
http://cci.lbl.gov/cctbx_build/all.html
Wait for build tag 2011_06_03_XXXX or higher.
It should give you 2*a,2*b,2*c.

The oversight was in cctbx/sgtbx/space_group_type.cpp, in the
cmp_change_of_basis_mx class. I was only evaluating "is one the
unit matrix but not the other". I had to add "is one a diagonal
matrix and not the other".

Ralf

P.S.: If you want to try the new version straightaway, you can
use the command

libtbx/development/cctbx_svn_getting_started.csh

Then manually build from sources as described here:

http://cctbx.sourceforge.net/current/installation.html