[cctbxbb] crystal packing/unit cell question

Jessica Grant jgrant at smith.edu
Thu Nov 3 03:58:34 PDT 2011

I am new to cctbx and crystallography in general.  I am trying to
take a pdb file and produce a representation of the crystal, similar
to the symmetry mates produced in pymol.  I have used cctbx to apply
the symmetry operators, but this gives atomic coordinates that are
quite spread out.  I think what I want to do is to fill the unit
cell, or in some way extract crystal packing information.

I would like, in the end, to be able to build files with a physically
realistic representation of different sized crystals, so I can go on
to study the interactions of molecules within those crystals.

Is there a way to do this in cctbx?

Thanks!

Jessica