[cctbxbb] Using cctbx as a C++ only library

Ralf Grosse-Kunstleve rwgrosse-kunstleve at lbl.gov
Sat Nov 26 06:22:43 PST 2011

Hi Martin,

> I totally agree - if cherry picking is time consuming then it's not

worth it.  I just wondered if there was a quick way to strip out some
> of the top level namespaces completely from the build dependencies.

Yes. The libtbx/configure.py command lists all the top-level names of the
modules used. You can simply rm -rf the rest.

> One other quick question that's quite important to my project: is
> there a way to build a debug version cctbx? At the moment I'm having a
> lot of problems due to mixing of release/debug CRTs (when I build my
> code in debug).

We have libtbx/configure.py --build=debug option. I'm occasionally using
this under Linux and Mac OS X. I don't remember if I ever tried this under
Windows.

Ralf