[cctbxbb] Problems compiling cctbx on OS X (10.8.0)

William G. Scott wgscott at ucsc.edu
Fri Aug 3 09:25:51 PDT 2012

The weirdest thing is that I can issue the commands that fail in any of the build scripts manually, and they work.

i.e., if I re-issue

c++ -o mmtbx/ncs/restraints_ext.o -c -DBOOST_ALL_NO_LIB -DBOOST_DISABLE_THREADS -DBOOST_PYTHON_MAX_BASES=2 -I/Users/wgscott/src/newcctbx/cctbx_sources/boost -I/Users/wgscott/src/newcctbx/cctbx_sources/boost -fPIC -fno-strict-aliasing -w -no-cpp-precomp -DNDEBUG -O3 -ffast-math -I/Users/wgscott/src/newcctbx/cctbx_build/include -I/Users/wgscott/src/newcctbx/cctbx_sources -I/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/include/python2.7 -I/Users/wgscott/src/newcctbx/cctbx_build/include -I/Users/wgscott/src/newcctbx/cctbx_sources /Users/wgscott/src/newcctbx/cctbx_sources/mmtbx/ncs/restraints_ext.cpp

which is the line that failed in the error log I posted.  This happens even if I invoke a new shell with /bin/tcsh -f , or if I create a new shell script executable file with any of the shells (ksh, zsh, bash, sh, tcsh).  So it must be something within the environment that cctbx is creating.