[cctbxbb] Problems compiling cctbx on OS X (10.8.0)

Richard Gildea rgildea at gmail.com
Fri Aug 3 10:25:39 PDT 2012

Hi Bill,

What version of the cctbx sources are you using? As Luc mentioned, the
first error from your log was resolved about 2 months ago with svn revision
15462 (
http://cctbx.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/cctbx?view=revision&revision=15462).
If you are using the latest "released" build (about 3 months old), then you
should either update to latest nightly builds (http://cci.lbl.gov/builds/)
or track the svn. It is known that the cctbx will not fully compile using
clang with the older version of boost we currently distribute, however if
you use a recent boost release it should be fine (it is also fine using
--compiler=gcc). We are currently working on updating to the latest boost
(the problem is with compatibility with some of the older platforms we
support).

Hope that helps,

Richard