[cctbxbb] Deprecation warning?

Nathaniel Echols nechols at lbl.gov
Tue Aug 7 10:49:15 PDT 2012

On Tue, Aug 7, 2012 at 3:04 AM,  <Graeme.Winter at diamond.ac.uk> wrote:
> Is there a way to avoid this?
>
> Using matplotlib.pyplot.
>
> /Users/graeme/svn/cctbx_plus/base/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/lib/python2.7/site-packages/matplotlib/backends/backend_wx.py:1382: wxPyDeprecationWarning: Using deprecated class PySimpleApp.
>   wxapp = wx.PySimpleApp()

You can do this:

import warnings
warnings.filterwarnings("ignore", category=DeprecationWarning)

But that's somewhat dangerous.  How are you starting pyplot?  I don't
get this error when I try something trivial like this:

nat at clover:~> phenix.wxpython
>>> import matplotlib.pyplot as plt
>>> f = plt.figure()
>>> p = plt.plot([1,2,3],[4,5,6])
>>> plt.show()

But if I do this, I get the same warning:

>>> import wx
>>> app = wx.PySimpleApp()
__main__:1: wxPyDeprecationWarning: Using deprecated class.

So I suspect matplotlib is suppressing the warning somehow.
Alternately, it looks as though if a wx.App instance has already been
created, matplotlib will use that instead.

-Nat