[cctbxbb] Debian Package

Richard Gildea rgildea at gmail.com
Tue Aug 7 14:43:50 PDT 2012

Hi Radostan,

I think the integration with distutils would be A Good Thing to increase
accessibility of the cctbx to users.

One addition to Nat's comments:

I noticed this commit with the log "fix cif parser to work with antlr3c
3.2":
http://anonscm.debian.org/gitweb/?p=debian-science/packages/cctbx.git;a=blob;f=debian/patches/0015-fix-cif-parser-to-work-with-antlr3c-3.2.patch

This is essentially a revert of the cctbx svn revision 14621 ("ucif:
upgrade to antlr3.4"):
http://cctbx.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/cctbx/trunk/ucif/parser.h?r1=14583&r2=14621

The ANTLR C runtime changed its interface slightly between 3.2 and 3.4,
hence the changes in revision 14621. From what I remember it isn't trivial
to determine the ANTLR runtime version at compile time which was why we
made no attempt to support both versions of the runtime. If you wish to be
able to compile against 3.2 in addition to 3.4 we will need to figure out
how to determine the runtime version. We also use a slightly modified
version of the ANTLR C runtime in order to obtain savings on memory
(particularly when reading large ribosome data files).

Cheers,

Richard