[cctbxbb] Debian Package

Radostan Riedel raybuntu at googlemail.com
Tue Aug 7 23:02:49 PDT 2012

On Tue, 07. Aug 14:27, Nathaniel Echols wrote:
> A random aside: we will be switching to building against the Boost
> release branch very soon.  Not sure if this affects you or not.
Right now I'm tried boost 1.48 and boost 1.49 and it worked good.

> This is one point that came up in discussion here: how will this
> impact Mac?  Apple's libtool appears to be an entirely different
> beast.  Or will your changes only affect Linux right now?
I don't have a mac but from reading the documentation of libtool it should work
otherwise it's a bug in libtool. You are right that libtool is quite of a beast
but that's why I did it as an option.

Once again to make that clear what didn't went to be so clear in my first mail.
Not every change we did should go back to you. I understand that a few patches
are just debian specific and they should only be applied there.

But the changes we want to put back upstream are cherry picked to work by
appending an option to libtbx/configure.py.