[cctbxbb] RE : Debian Package

Radostan Riedel raybuntu at googlemail.com
Wed Aug 8 09:15:48 PDT 2012

On Wed, 08. Aug 15:37, Frédéric-Emmanuel Picca wrote:
> So in a first time for this 0018 patch it should be possible to fix it
> providing during the build the right -I arguments.  Let's rework this
> part on our side before going further.
To explain why I did this. I intend this to be patched only for Debian. Problem
is that I didn't found a way to find the systems include path system
independently. I figured that it's best to let gcc to find it.
For example cbflib is installing files under linux in /usr/include/cbf/
But you write:
#include <include/cbf.h>
There is not really anything else I can do here. But this is a small price to
pay to patch it manually after each release.

> > 0006-options-for-system-libs-installtarget-and-prefix: needs thorough testing
> > I approve the spirit of it but this patch introduces a truckload of
> > changes and that needs to stand the trial of our nightly tests.  Note
> > that you use a couple of new methods, e.g. env_etc.check_syslib, that
> > none of the patches define as far as I can tell.
To clear that up a little bit more.
env_etc.check_syslib is only returning True if --use_system-libs option is set
so it shouldn't break anything.
I just put in a second check if there this library is really installed otherwise
it returns False.

ccp4 I treated specially because we have 2 packages in debian called libmmdb and
libgpp4. gpp4[1] is a drop in replacement for CCP4 interface by Morten Kjeldgaard.
I run your testsystem on the extentions linked by mmdb and gpp4 and it worked.

I tried to remove as much bundled libraries as possible.

[1] https://launchpad.net/gpp4/