[cctbxbb] Debian Package

justin jlec at gentoo.org
Thu Aug 9 10:26:28 PDT 2012

On 09/08/12 19:06, Luc Bourhis wrote:

>>> On the one hand, libboost_python.so on Linux [...] is not directly linked to libpythonx.y.so. [...]
>>
>> on gentoo it is.
>
> Shall I understand that you patch our code to achieve that?

We are unbundling everything you bundle, e.g. boost, scons. We are
supporting parallel installation of all boost version of the >1.4*
series, so we can depend on what ever cctbx needs. That's there reason
why we have the correct linked boost here. And using the bundled will
break once the active boost version is switched on gentoo and at least
also on debian.

So having an option from your side to not use the bundled boost would be
great.