[cctbxbb] Debian Package

Marcin Wojdyr wojdyr at gmail.com
Thu Aug 30 08:40:43 PDT 2012

Hi Luc

On 30 August 2012 14:56, Luc Bourhis <luc_j_bourhis at mac.com> wrote:

> I can't find any mention of ssm in SConscript

see ssm_sources in cctbx_sources/ccp4io_adaptbx/SConscript

> Actually ccp4io is not mentioned on that web page.
> Could somebody explain that to me?

ccp4io is a name used in cctbx. The content of is updated from three
ccp4 repositories.
Typically Linux distros don't like duplication of code and don't allow
to package something that includes code already packaged.
Since mmdb, ssm and libccp4 are used also by coot and other programs,
before packaging cctbx it's necessary to hack it so it can be built
with external libraries. At least that's my understanding.

Marcin