[cctbxbb] Structure factor calculation weirdness

Richard Gildea rgildea at gmail.com
Fri Dec 7 11:06:54 PST 2012

I meant to include in the previous email that I add the following lines to
the loop over dmin in Graeme's script:

    gridding = structure.crystal_symmetry().gridding(d_min=dmin)
    print "gridding: ", gridding.n_real()

giving the output:

d_min: 5.0
gridding:  (3, 3, 3)
d_min: 2.5
gridding:  (8, 8, 8)
d_min: 1.7
gridding:  (9, 9, 9)

With so few grid points it is entirely unsurprising that the FFT is such a
poor approximation of the direct summation in this case!

Cheers,

Richard