[cctbxbb] Getting r1_factor of miller arrays with different count of miller indices

Jan Marten Simons marten at xtal.rwth-aachen.de
Fri Jul 6 12:20:16 PDT 2012

Am Freitag 06 Juli 2012 21:04:23 schrieb Richard Gildea:
> Hi Jan,
>
> You will need to get a matching set of indices for both arrays before
> calculating the R1 factor. The simplest way to do this would be by calling
> the miller.array.common_sets() function:
>
> e.g. where f_obs and f_calc are two arrays that are not necessarily
> matching sets of indices:
>
> f_obs, f_calc = f_obs.common_sets(f_calc)
>
> Hope that helps,

It helps in case of a complete set of observations. and if you don't mind I'll
add an option for this to the r1_factor function. But in case of a reflection
which would be present in the model structure at a d value within d_min, but
which was not observed in the experiment due to structure factor cancellation
or as its intensity/snr/I_over_sigma was to low this kind of treatment would
give a lower r1 factor than a correct treatment of this situation.

Do you have any idea on this?

Cheers and thanks in advance,
 Jan