[cctbxbb] cctbx.miller.complete_array() bug?

Peter Zwart PHZwart at lbl.gov
Thu Jul 12 23:11:30 PDT 2012

I floated this once to Ralf and his objection was performance. I guess
it also depends on the situation if you want this to happen.

On 12 July 2012 23:06, Luc Bourhis <luc_j_bourhis at mac.com> wrote:
> Hi Peter and Nat,
>
>> On Thu, Jul 12, 2012 at 8:45 AM, Petrus Zwart <phzwart at lbl.gov> wrote:
>>> In general, I use a 'map_to_asu' whenever possible, this avoids some
>>> problems you illustrate, but isn't elegant.
>>
>> +1
>>
>> This is pretty essential for much of our code, assuming you're working
>> with merged/symmetry-unique data.
>
> It would make sense to automagically map to asu in complete_set and complete_array in order to avoid surprises, wouldn't it? Would you see any adverse effect?
>
> Best wishes,
>
> Luc Bourhis

P.H. Zwart
Research Scientist
Berkeley Center for Structural Biology
Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratories
1 Cyclotron Road, Berkeley, CA-94703, USA
Cell: 510 289 9246
BCSB:      http://bcsb.als.lbl.gov
PHENIX:   http://www.phenix-online.org
SASTBX:  http://sastbx.als.lbl.gov