[cctbxbb] Fast way to enable/disable individual scatterers in structure factor calculation

Jan Marten Simons marten at xtal.rwth-aachen.de
Fri Jun 29 00:31:06 PDT 2012

Hi,

I'm looking for a simple and fast way to set individual scatterers to be
either included or excluded from structure factor calculation. As I see from
the source (structure_factors_direct.h) the selection toggle does not seem to
be evaluated for this. Of course an additional check for the selection flag
would harm performance in most standard cases, so I'd rather like to have a
separate c++ function for this, which could be swapped in for the normal
f_calc calculation by a boolean toggle in the python part of f_calc.

As I'm not that much into the c++ part of cctbx, I'd really appreciate if
somebody more knowledgeable could monkey patch this.

Cheers,
Jan