[cctbxbb] cif parser & ccp4 mon_lib incompatibility

Graeme.Winter at diamond.ac.uk Graeme.Winter at diamond.ac.uk
Thu Apr 11 23:10:04 PDT 2013

Hi James,

In an empty directory run

cctbx_svn_getting_started.csh

from

libtbx/development

in the cctbx sources - this downloads a source bundle, then moves much of it out of the way and checks out cctbx from svn over the top. I find taking the Python binary from the base of a cctbx binary build a helpful start.

In a nutshell

mkdir cctbx_from_svn
cd cctbx_from_svn
mkdir sources
cd sources
cctbx_svn_getting_started.csh
cd ..
mkdir build
cd build
/where/is/python/base/bin/python ../sources/cctbx_projects/libtbx/configure.py this_module that_module
. setpaths.sh
make

(this is from memory: some of the details re: directories may be shonky and it's early…)

It does work well though. Should also be on the wiki if not already…

Best wishes,

Graeme