[cctbxbb] unexpected behaviour of unit_cell.fractionalize

Richard Gildea rgildea at gmail.com
Wed Feb 13 11:15:32 PST 2013

Hi Jan,

This message from the cctbxbb archive demonstrates how you can map sites to
the asymmetric unit cell in Python. I think you should probably be able to
write the equivalent code in C++ if you need the speed, but I would have to
look into it more closely to be sure:
http://phenix-online.org/pipermail/cctbxbb/2010-February/000142.html

Regarding the sites_frac between 0 and 1, there is a standalone C++
function mod_positive() and a related function mod_short() in
cctbx/coordinates.h which act just on a site coordinate rather than on a
scatterer. If you have need to access this in Python you would need to
write a wrapper function that will act on a flex.vec3_double() from Python
and loop over this in C++. If this is what you want we can point you in the
write direction for how to accomplish this.

Cheers,

Richard