[cctbxbb] Simple cctbx / boost c++ extension example

Nathaniel Echols nechols at lbl.gov
Wed Jan 9 08:03:56 PST 2013

On Wed, Jan 9, 2013 at 7:55 AM,  <Graeme.Winter at diamond.ac.uk> wrote:
> Just say I wanted to write a new from the ground up module for cctbx which
> wanted to include some C++ code, and a SConscript etc. so I can run
>
> libtbx.configure toytbx
>
> (say)
>
> And then find
>
> from toytbx import cplusplus_functions
>
> would work…. Is there an example I could follow?

The closest thing I can think of is the 'fable' module (Ralf's
F77-to-C++ converter).  It's fairly minimal and there is just a little
bit of C++ code involved.  Note that there are probably a half-dozen
ways to structure the extension code and we use all of them somewhere;
this is just one way to do it.

-Nat