[cctbxbb] build problem on ubuntu 12.04

Oleg Dolomanov oleg at olexsys.org
Tue Jun 11 15:07:14 PDT 2013

Oh, I missed an important fact - platform() MUST! return a best default, if it fails, it causes exit(1), (according to Alastair's stack trace)  that cannot be caught anyway (unless you override it beforehand like sys.abort = dummy , sys.exit= dummy),
So, I suggest Alastair should fix his platform settings out (I did test 12.04 x32 and x64 bits on a VM-Ware systems and they worked fine).
Cheers,