[cctbxbb] Best way to compare two structures using cctbx?

Pavel Afonine pafonine at lbl.gov
Mon Mar 4 08:05:04 PST 2013

Hi Jan,

there is no dedicated tool that would do it in one go, but I think you
can put something together from pieces scattered across cctbx and phenix
code. Oh and by the way I don't know what is "direct space atomic
distances "...

First I would superpose two structures using a call like this (copied
from phenix/phenix/command_line):

from scitbx.math import superpose
superpose.least_squares_fit(reference_sites = fixed_sites, other_sites =
moving_sites)
rmsd = fixed_sites.rms_difference(moving_sites)

this assumes structures are aligned.

Then just loop over bonds and collect bond distances into flex double
array and then compute call .min_max_mean()...

Pavel