[cctbxbb] Build Notes for cctbx on OS X 10.7.5

Richard Gildea rgildea at gmail.com
Fri Mar 22 11:48:25 PDT 2013

Hi James,

Can I ask what version of the cctbx are you attempting to build? For some
time (at least several months) it has been possible to build the cctbx (and
the whole of Phenix) using the default clang on the latest Mac OS X. Most
of the Phenix developers here in Berkeley are now using clang on the latest
OS X, so someone would almost certainly notice immediately if something
wasn't building correctly. The latest "released" build of the cctbx (dating
from May 2012!) does not build with clang as I recall. Unfortunately we do
not have an official release mechanism for the cctbx, beyond Nat deciding
when to mark one of the nightly builds as a release. Clearly the current
"released" version is rather old and we should replace it with a more
recent version. For now I would recommend trying with one of the more
recent nightly builds (e.g.
http://cci.lbl.gov/cctbx_build/show_results.cgi?build_tag=2013_03_22_0005),
or checking the code out directly from svn.

Cheers,

Richard