[cctbxbb] cctbx.python unnecessarily unfriendly

Marcin Wojdyr wojdyr at gmail.com
Thu Jan 9 11:04:45 PST 2014

In CCP4 we have the same problem that Linux distros have with cctbx.
We're using an ad-hoc shell script that copies files around as a
substitute for "make install" (or python setup.py install / scons
install) functionality.

Scons like any build system supports installation. From what I just
googled the functions for this are named Install() and InstallAs().
Maybe it would be easier to use them instead of distutils?

Marcin