[cctbxbb] building with external boost

Nathaniel Echols nechols at lbl.gov
Thu Jan 30 08:35:06 PST 2014

On Thu, Jan 30, 2014 at 7:50 AM, Marcin Wojdyr <wojdyr at gmail.com> wrote:

> would it be ok if I added an option to use installed boost libraries?
> Debian and gentoo patches add boolean --use_system_libs flag. I could
> use the same, but with a list of arguments (at first only
> --use_system_libs=boost).

I have no objections - I think now is probably as good a time as any to
make potentially disruptive changes.  (We're aiming for a Phenix release
towards the end of February, but that'll be enough time to clean up if
anything goes wrong, which seems unlikely.)  I assume this will eventually
get tested on every platform that CCP4 builds on?

-Nat