[cctbxbb] which cctbx version is recommended now?

Nathaniel Echols nechols at lbl.gov
Tue Oct 7 11:28:50 PDT 2014

On Mon, Oct 6, 2014 at 8:24 AM, Marcin Wojdyr <wojdyr at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi, we need to pick a version of cctbx for CCP4 for use in phaser and
> DIALS.
> The latest logs at
> cci.lbl.gov/cctbx_build/show_error_summary.cgi?build_tag=2014_10_05_2205
> show in all builds:
>
> [Errno 2] No such file or directory
> Traceback (most recent call last):
> ImportError: __import__("boost_python_meta_ext"): No module named
> boost_python_meta_ext

This was an attempt to do something clever that backfired - it's fixed
now.  There are still some errors in the current test logs that I need to
look at, and some issues with our build machines, but otherwise everything
should be reasonably stable.

Is it better to pick older version?

In this case it might be worth going back a few days.  I was hoping to have
a new "release" (a meaningless term in the context of CCTBX, but apparently
we're expected to do this) online soon, but the 32-bit Windows build is
currently MIA and we need to get that working first.  However, for CCP4's
purposes I think everything you use is relatively stable (but check with
the DIALS developers too).  It's mostly modules like mmtbx that are
unstable, but I don't think Phaser uses that.

-Nat