[cctbxbb] which cctbx version is recommended now?

Nathaniel Echols nechols at lbl.gov
Wed Oct 15 11:44:58 PDT 2014

On Wed, Oct 15, 2014 at 11:34 AM, Marcin Wojdyr <wojdyr at gmail.com> wrote:

> I see we have some scripts with the same names as in Phenix, which may
> make simultaneous use of Phenix and CCP4 harder.
> We have cctbx.python and iotbx.lattice_symmetry (both required by
> xia2) and phaser.ensembler and phaser.sculptor.
> I haven't heard any complaints from users, so I think we'll leave it
> as it is. But if it was causing some problems we could find a
> workaround, at least for the first two wrappers.

I don't think this will be a big deal - officially, any command included in
Phenix that doesn't start with "phenix" is at best only partially supported
and definitely not advertised to [Phenix] users.  And some of these
commands go by multiple names anyway.  As long as you delete all of the
dispatchers with "phenix" in them, we should be fine.  Anyone who does trip
over this (external developers using CCTBX) is probably capable enough to
figure it out.

-Nat