[cctbxbb] Correct use of SVN to update cctbx

Nathaniel Echols nechols at lbl.gov
Tue Oct 28 11:43:44 PDT 2014

On Tue, Oct 28, 2014 at 4:16 AM, <castro at biochem.mpg.de> wrote:

> Sorry to bother again.
> How do I update the source code using SVN?

The not-very-helpful answer is that the old-style bundles do not support
source updates.  Also, as you've probably noticed, a lot of documentation
is out of date.  What I would suggest is to download one of the newer
"plus" bundles here:

http://cci.lbl.gov/cctbx_build/plus_bundles/current/

These actually include all of the necessary dependencies (which keep
changing on short notice, sorry!) and also have a source layout that's more
consistent with our development environment.  The current builds
incorporate the program you're looking for, but you can also update cctbx
in the future by doing this:

cd $CCTBX/modules
rm -rf cctbx_project
svn checkout http://svn.code.sf.net/p/cctbx/code/trunk cctbx_project
cd $CCTBX/build
libtbx.configure .
libtbx.scons

I will update the instructions (and installation script) when I have a
chance.

-Nat