[cctbxbb] new cctbx-plus installers

Nathaniel Echols nechols at lbl.gov
Tue Sep 9 11:46:55 PDT 2014

Hi all--

We now have improved installers for CCTBX with all optional third-party
dependencies, including numpy, wxPython, and matplotlib; these are
basically just a simplified Phenix installer (minus anything that isn't
open-source, obviously).  For anyone doing visualization these are probably
preferable to the default packages. More useful for doing active
development is that since these include the pre-build Python, if you are
working directly with the CCTBX sources you can bootstrap from these
packages.

Yesterday's build is here:

http://cci.lbl.gov/cctbx_build/plus_bundles/2014_09_08_0005/

and in general the latest version can be obtained here:

http://cci.lbl.gov/cctbx_build/plus_bundles/current

although today's build isn't finished yet.  The next build will also
incorporate IPython.  I still need to fix the download page so these are
listed alongside the old bundles.  Once this is done we'll probably declare
an official "release".

-Nat