[cctbxbb] new cctbx-plus installers

Nathaniel Echols nechols at lbl.gov
Tue Sep 23 03:40:37 PDT 2014

Okay, the problem is that Matplotlib installation attempts to download a
large number of supporting packages - which means installation will fail if
it doesn't have reliable access to the hosting server:

Downloading
http://pypi.python.org/packages/source/d/distribute/distribute-0.6.28.tar.gz
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "setup.py", line 10, in <module>
    use_setuptools()
  File
"/scratch/cctbx-installer-2014_09_21_2205/install_tmp/intel-linux-2.6-x86_64/ws201/matplotlib-1.3.1/distribute_setup.py",
line 163, in use_setuptools
    return _do_download(version, download_base, to_dir, download_delay)
  File
"/scratch/cctbx-new/cctbx-2014_09_21_2205/base/lib/python2.7/urllib2.py",
line 1184, in do_open
    raise URLError(err)
urllib2.URLError: <urlopen error [Errno 110] Connection timed out>

I don't have a good solution to this, other than to check your network
access.  (Presumably DLS does not have insane firewall policies like some
of the Big Pharma sites.)