[cctbxbb] programmatic access to PDB through cctbx?

Gabor Bunkoczi gb360 at cam.ac.uk
Wed Apr 1 04:54:09 PDT 2015

Hi Kaushik,

the EBI has rolled out a new web API:

http://wwwdev.ebi.ac.uk/pdbe/api/doc/

We have a modules that allows specific queries, and more can be defined
fairly simply. Check out iotbx/pdb/pdbe.py, this defines interfaces to
access the STATUS query (on the PDB tab) and the CATH and SCOP queries
(on the SIFTS tab).

There is also a possibility to do searches using Solr. Check out these
notebooks (presented at a workshop last November) about usage. Note, you
need to install the MySolr Python module for these to work.

http://nbviewer.ipython.org/github/PDBeurope/PDBe_Programming/tree/master/search_interface/notebooks/

BW, Gabor