[cctbxbb] [Dials-support] DIALS source tarball

Aaron Brewster asbrewster at lbl.gov
Tue Apr 7 14:36:49 PDT 2015

Hi Richard,

At the moment, buildbot for dials runs these three tests:
libtbx.import_all_ext
cctbx_regression.test_nightly
libtbx.run_tests_parallel module=dials nproc=auto verbosity=1

Which doesn't line up exactly with what you described.  If you run
libtbx.run_tests_parallel
module=cctbx module=dxtbx, then you are right that the fix
I committed wouldn't be relevant because mmtbx wouldn't be tested.
However, since the LBL build bot runs cctbx_regression.test_nightly, my
change is needed.

After some more discussion, I see that Markus's changes to
tst_geometry_restraints_2.py are fine.  It looks like there are already
sub-tests in there that check for the presence of mmtbx and chem data
before running.  I think tst_geometry_restraints_2.py was the only test
outside of mmtbx that was looking for the monomer libraries.

I'm re-running the buildbot dials build now to see if my change to
cctbx_regression.test_nightly along with Markus's changes to
tst_geometry_restraints_2.py clean up the build.

Finally, and perhaps on a different note, should we add dxtbx to
cctbx_regression.test_nightly?  Right now the list of modules it tests
includes libtbx, boost_adaptbx, scitbx, cctbx, iotbx, smtbx, and if
chem_data is present, mmtbx.  I don't think the build bot is running the
dxtbx tests at present.

-Aaron