[cctbxbb] building on Mac OSX

Roger Martin roger at quantumbioinc.com
Fri Jan 2 12:28:19 PST 2015

Hi,

I'm attempting to build on Mac.  Via jenkins.

The scons finds /usr/bin/c++ but my builds are based on gcc located at
/opt/gcc/current/bin.  A which c++ returns /opt/gcc/current/bin/c++.  I
tried to tell it by making a site_init.py according to
http://www.scons.org/doc/production/HTML/scons-user.html#idm12919064
---------------
cd build
mkdir -p site_scons
cat <<EOF >./site_scons/site_init.py
env = DefaultEnvironment(tools = ['gcc', 'gnulink'],
                          CC = '/opt/gcc/current/bin/gcc',
                          CXX = '/opt/gcc/currentbin/g++')
EOF

Do you have a way to tell it which compiler version to find that is
compatible with the source code level?

Regards,

Roger