No subject

Fri Jul 31 09:19:06 PDT 2015

I can't agree with Markus that a linear history is dispensable.  In fact, this is one feature in svn that I've found very helpful over the years.  If a feature is broken today, but I know for a fact that it worked sometime in the past, I simply do a svn update -r "[datestamp]" to narrow down the exact date when the feature became broken, then I isolate the exact commit and look at the code.  Can this be done with git or does it even make sense if there is no concept of linear change?

The git environment seems a bit chaotic, and not conducive to close cooperation, from what I can see now.  More experience with it may convince me otherwise.

Nick

Nicholas K. Sauter, Ph. D.
Computer Staff Scientist, Molecular Biophysics and Integrated Bioimaging Division
Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory
1 Cyclotron Rd., Bldg. 33R0345
Berkeley, CA 94720
(510) 486-5713