[cctbxbb] cctbx documentation

Paul Adams pdadams at lbl.gov
Sun Oct 11 13:27:34 PDT 2015

Dear Colleagues,

  we are looking at the cctbx documentation. Currently the world is directed to the documentation on the Sourceforge site, which hasn’t been updated for a long time and is looking somewhat old. Last year, Oliver and Ian (and others) worked on Sphinx-based documentation for cctbx (the last published version of which can be found here: http://cci.lbl.gov/cctbx_docs/). The question for the cctbx developer community therefore is whether we should move over to the Sphinx system for cctbx documentation. The benefits are: a more consistent and modern interface, and automated documentation generation from source code header file information. As part of making this move we would need to integrate some of the additional information from the original cctbx site into the Sphinx documentation. We would also move the hosting of the cctbx documentation to the CCI web server in Berkeley (and off the Sourceforge site). Another email related to that topic soon.
  I’d appreciate any feedback on this topic.

  Cheers,
	Paul

--
Paul Adams
Interim Division Director, Molecular Biophysics & Integrated Bioimaging, Lawrence Berkeley Lab

Building 33, Room 347
Building 80, Room 247
Building 978, Room 4126
Tel: 1-510-486-4225, Fax: 1-510-486-5909
http://cci.lbl.gov/paul

Lawrence Berkeley Laboratory
1 Cyclotron Road
BLDG 33R0345