[cctbxbb] Unused/old modules on the top-level of cctbx

Paul Adams pdadams at lbl.gov
Sun Oct 18 15:40:10 PDT 2015

Thanks Oleg!

> On Oct 16, 2015, at 9:25 PM, Oleg Sobolev <OSobolev at lbl.gov> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> As promised, I removed ipctbx, rpmbuild, setup from cctbx. compcomm module was moved to dox.
>
> I believe that they could be restored if necessary.
>
> Best regards,
> Oleg Sobolev.
>
> On Thu, Sep 17, 2015 at 2:12 PM, Luc Bourhis <luc_j_bourhis at mac.com> wrote:
>> fftw3tbx - probably is not used anywhere
>
> It is used in scitbx/fftpack/timing/eval_times.py to compare with the speed of scitbx.fftpack. Ralf wanted to see how much faster the highly optimised FFTW was. Not enough to implement a mechanism to easily swap fftpack for FFTW though but it has been years that eval_times has not been run. However I would not be surprised that the script provided by fftw3tbx to install FFTW from source does not work out of the box anymore.
>
> So anyway, yes, I think it can go.
>
>> dox - probably was meant as documentation, actually contains some documentation in RST, Ralf's talks from Siena, 2005, some tutorial in LaTeX, the content for the cctbx website.
>
> It contains the code to run doxygen and produce HTML pages documenting the C++ code.
>
>> I suggest to move compcomm to dox despite the reference in 2009 paper
>
> Why not.
>
> Best wishes,
>
> Luc

Paul Adams
Interim Division Director, Molecular Biophysics & Integrated Bioimaging, Lawrence Berkeley Lab
Division Deputy for Biosciences, Advanced Light Source, Lawrence Berkeley Lab
Adjunct Professor, Department of Bioengineering, U.C. Berkeley
Vice President for Technology, the Joint BioEnergy Institute
Laboratory Research Manager, ENIGMA Science Focus Area

Building 33, Room 347
Building 80, Room 247
Building 978, Room 4126
Tel: 1-510-486-4225, Fax: 1-510-486-5909
http://cci.lbl.gov/paul

Lawrence Berkeley Laboratory
1 Cyclotron Road
BLDG 33R0345