[cctbxbb] Boost broken on mac?

Luc Bourhis luc_j_bourhis at mac.com
Wed Apr 6 09:10:54 PDT 2016

> I don't think this has anything to do with boost (as Markus initially thought). This smells like over-aggressive compiler optimization after the xcode 7.3 update, I am just testing recompilation with -O2 instead of -O3 optimization.

It is indeed likely a bug in clang/llvm, which is be triggered by a particular stack of function calls. But at least, we know the said bug is not triggered when using Boost 1.56. If I had a bit of courage, I would try the trunk of clang/llvm, and then perhaps bisect to find where the problem came from.