[cctbxbb] Making branches by accident

markus.gerstel at diamond.ac.uk markus.gerstel at diamond.ac.uk
Thu Dec 8 10:12:37 PST 2016

Hi Nigel,

The log (and the blame log) should show the times of the commit, regardless of whether you merge the branch into master or rebase your branch onto master at the end.

When you rebase your commits you can also get the rebase time. eg. for your last rebased commit:
$ git show 4fa192b0 --format=fuller
The author+date pair is the person who originally wrote the code (rather: who made the original commit), the commit+date pair is set by whoever rebased/cherry-picked/etc. it last.

-Markus