[cctbxbb] Making branches by accident

markus.gerstel at diamond.ac.uk markus.gerstel at diamond.ac.uk
Mon Dec 19 04:58:26 PST 2016

Good morning all,

thanks to Richard we probably figured out why there are still accidental merge commits coming through. Turns out that the magic spell I sent round only works with git >=1.7.9.
The default git version on RedHat 6, and therefore probably also on CentOS, is of course 1.7.1.

Git 1.7.1 only supports a per-repository-and-per-branch setting. This would be very tedious to set by hand, so I have just added the command
  $  libtbx.git_avoid_merges
which fixes everything up for you. It will set the 'rebase' parameter on all branches in all repositories, unless it is already set.
It will also set two global settings, which should fix the issue for any future branches and future git versions. Again, existing settings are not overwritten.

Any issues, please let me know.

-Markus