[cctbxbb] bootstrap.py build on Ubuntu

Billy Poon bkpoon at lbl.gov
Sat Jun 11 17:05:21 PDT 2016

Hi David,

Sorry it look so long! Setting up all the virtual machines was a time sink
and getting things to work on 32-bit CentOS 5 and Ubuntu 12.04 was a little
tricky.

It looks like Ubuntu 16.04 moved its libraries around. I used apt-get to
install libz-dev and lib64z1 (the 64-bit library). There is a libz.so.1
file in /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu and in /usr/lib64.

I have not gotten it to work yet, but I'm pretty sure this is the issue.
I'll have to double-check 12.04 and 14.04.

As for Pillow, I did test it a few months ago, but I remember there being
API changes that will need to fixed.

--
Billy K. Poon
Research Scientist, Molecular Biophysics and Integrated Bioimaging