[cctbxbb] bootstrap.py build on Ubuntu

Billy Poon bkpoon at lbl.gov
Mon Jun 13 13:53:04 PDT 2016

Hi David,

I don't have a fix yet, but here is a workaround. It seems like setup.py is
looking for libz.so instead of libz.so.1, so you can fix the issue by
making a symbolic link for libz.so in /usr/lib64.

sudo ln -s /usr/lib64/libz.so.1 /usr/lib64/libz.so

This requires root access, so that's why it's just a workaround.

--
Billy K. Poon
Research Scientist, Molecular Biophysics and Integrated Bioimaging